As the temperature rises, frizzy hair can become a challenge to manage. However, don't let the heat get you down! We have compiled 5 fabulous summer hairstyles perfect for frizzy hair, along with some tips and answers to your most pressing questions.
5 Summer Hairstyles for Frizzy Hair
Short, Layered Bob: This chic haircut works wonders for frizzy hair, as the short length and layers help to minimize the appearance of frizz. Plus, it's low-maintenance and perfect for hot summer days.
Below-the-Shoulder Lob: A lob (long bob) that rests just below the shoulders is another great option. This cut provides enough length to weigh down frizz, while still being manageable and stylish.
Side-Swept Bangs: If you prefer to keep your hair longer, side-swept bangs can help frame your face and add a touch of elegance to your look, even when your hair is a bit unruly.
Long and Loose Waves: Embrace your hair's natural texture by opting for long, loose waves. Use a wide-barrel curling iron or a flat iron to create subtle waves that help to disguise frizz.
Tips for Managing Frizzy Hair in Summer
- Avoid overwashing your hair, as this can strip it of its natural oils, leading to increased frizz. Instead, try washing every 2-3 days or use a dry shampoo in between washes.
- Let your hair air dry to minimize heat damage and further frizz. If you must use a hairdryer, use a diffuser attachment to help distribute the heat more evenly.
- Dye your hair with care, and consider visiting a professional stylist to ensure minimal damage. Opt for ammonia-free hair dyes when possible.
- Try a hot air brush to control frizz. These tools are great for smoothing and styling frizzy hair without causing excessive damage.
Answers to Your Questions
- What hairstyle is best for frizzy hair? Short, layered haircuts, like a bob or a lob, are great for frizzy hair, as they help to minimize the appearance of frizz and are low-maintenance.
- How do you wear your hair when it's frizzy? Embrace your hair's natural texture by opting for styles like loose waves, side-swept bangs, or braids. Avoid tight ponytails or buns, as they can exacerbate frizz.
- How do you tame frizzy hair in the summer? Use a combination of the tips mentioned above, such as avoiding overwashing, letting your hair air dry, and using a hot air brush to control frizz.
With these hairstyles and tips, you'll be well on your way to managing your frizzy hair and looking fabulous all summer long!